Using your five fingers, start with the thumb and pray these intentions in this order:"
1) The thumb is closest finger to you. So begin by praying for those who are closest to you. These are the people easiest for you to remember. Praying for our loved ones is easy to do."
2) The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach you and heal you. They need wisdom to teach others. Always keep teachers, priests, and parents in your prayers."
3) The following finger is the tallest. It reminds us of our leaders, government and those who have authority. They need God's guidance. "
4) The fourth finger is the ring finger. Even though it may surprise you, it is our weakest finger. It should remind us to pray for the homeless, the sick or those who are troubled. They need your prayers. "
5) Finally, your smallest finger, the pinkie reminds you to pray for yourself. When you are finished praying for others, you will be able to put prayers for yourself in prospective. You will be able to pray for your own needs, but you will have also remembered others."
We are in the process of planning for the 2018 VBS theme.
New information will be available in the summer of 2018.
Thank you to all who participated in the 2017 VBS program.